Early Orthodontic Treatment
Is it time for your child
to see an orthodontist?
Many people wonder when their child should visit the orthodontist for the first time. One out of three kids needs early orthodontic treatment. Is your child one of them?
Is traditional braces the only option for my child? Or, is Invisalign® available for kids?
Traditional braces are not the only option available to obtain the beautiful smile your child deserves. Invisalign® First uses cutting edge technology to begin preparing your child’s teeth to be in their proper place, without the food restrictions of traditional braces, setting your child up for an easier road to the smile they (and you) desire! And, that road starts with an impressionless digital scan at any of our convenient locations.
What age should my child see an orthodontist for the first time?
Age 7. But, it’s never too late! The sooner/earlier we can get your child in for an examiniation, the easier it will be to ensure they start treatment at the right time to obtain the best results on the easiest path.
What if my child still has baby teeth?
Early orthodontics, called “Phase 1” treatment, is needed by 1 out of every 3 kids. This phase of treatment focuses on developmental issues during the transition from ‘baby teeth’ to permanent teeth. Breaking up orthodontic treatment into two phases can positively impact your child’s results and experience.
What are the benefits of Phase I?
- Can prevent pre-existing bite issues from getting worse
- Can fix existing crooked teeth and improve the appearance of a growing child’s smile
- Can make comprehensive (aka Phase II) treatment shorter and easier
- Can reduce the chances of (future) oral surgery/extractions
What if you determine my child doesn’t need Phase 1 treatment? What happens then?
We will schedule complimentary follow-up appointments every 6 months to monitor the skeletal growth of your child’s mouth to ensure the timing of your child’s comprehensive treatment is best suited for him/her as an individual. Most children begin comprehensive treatment around age
We will schedule complimentary follow-up appointments every 6 months to monitor the skeletal growth of your child’s mouth. Most children begin comprehensive treatment around age
What are the benefits of Phase 1 treatment using Invisalign First?
- No eating restrictions. So, there’s no missing out on popcorn at the movies. Removable aligners mean there’s little interruption to a child’s life and the foods they love.
- Growing children can continue to brush and floss without hassle, keeping their good hygiene habits on track.
- No need to schedule removal and replacement of wires for dental cleanings.
- No brackets rubbing against the inside of your child’s mouth and cheeks.
- The aligners are specifically designed to fit smaller teeth and with space to accommodate teeth that are growing in.
- Fewer appointments (only every 12 weeks) compared to traditional braces.
- On average, shorter treatment time than traditional Phase 1